This policy sets out how we will collect, use, disclose and protect your personal information.
Power Finance Limited (^Finance) complies with the New Zealand Privacy Act 2020 (“the Act”) when dealing with personal information. The Act controls how “agencies” collect, use, disclose, store and give access to personal information.
Personal information is information about an identifiable individual (a natural person).
^Finance is considered an agency for the purposes of the Act as it will be collecting personal information.
This policy does not limit or exclude any of your rights under the Act. In addition, it does not limit or exclude any rights that you have or may have under the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR).
If you wish to seek further information, please see www.privacy.org.nz
In this policy:
AML/CFT Act means the New Zealand Anti-Money Laundering and Countering Financing of
Terrorism Act 2009.
Reporting Entity has the meaning given to that term in the applicable AML/CFT Act.
Information we will be collecting
In accordance with the legislation that applies to our services, we are required to verify your name, date of birth and address. We will be collecting this by asking for your Identification Documents such as a Passport or Driver’s License.
When you use our website, our electronic forms or otherwise communicate with us (e.g. through a telephone call, mail or email) you may provide other personal information to us, such as your feedback, your enquiries, your preferences and opinions and we may indirectly collect other personal information about your use of our online based services or communication tools, such as:
- Your browser session and geo-location data, device and network information, statistics on page views and sessions, acquisition sources, search queries and/or browsing behaviour.
- Information about your access to and use of our online services, including through the use of Internet cookies, your communications with our online services, the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using and the domain name of your Internet
- Additional personal information that you provide to us, directly or indirectly, through your use of our services, associated applications and/or accounts from which you permit us to collect information.
If information is not provided
If the requested information is not provided by, ^Finance may not be able to complete our services and customer due diligence.
Changes to this policy
We may change this policy by uploading a revised policy onto the website. The change will apply from the date that we upload the revised policy.
Who do we collect your information from?
We collect personal information about you from:
- Reporting Entities where you have authorised the Reporting Entity to provide us with personal information.
- You, when you provide that personal information to us directly or indirectly, including via
our website, electronic forms or through any contact with us (e.g. telephone call, mail or
We may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- To discharge our AML/CFT obligations as a reporting entity, including to verify your identification and complete customer due diligence
- To enable you to access and use our website, electronic forms and any of our other online services.
- To contact and communicate with you about our services, including to request identification documentation.
- For our internal record keeping, administrative, invoicing and billing purposes.
- For analytics, market research and business development, including to operate and improve our services and any associated applications.
- To comply with our legal obligations and resolve any disputes that we may have.
- If you have applied for employment with us; to consider your employment application.
- If otherwise required or authorised by the Act or any other applicable law.
Disclosing your personal information
We may disclose your personal information to:
- A person who can require us to supply your personal information (e.g. a statutory or regulatory authority).
- Any other person authorised by the Act or another applicable law (e.g. a law enforcement agency or our third party providers who provide services to us, such as data storage services, IT service providers, lawyers and marketing providers).
- Any other person authorised by you.
Your personal information may be transferred outside of the country in which you are located. Where we transfer personal information overseas, we will do so in accordance with any applicable requirements set out in the Act.
Protecting your personal information
We will take reasonable steps to keep your personal information safe from loss, unauthorised
activity, or other misuse.
Accessing and correcting your personal information
You may contact us to access the personal information that we hold and to request a correction to your personal information. Before you exercise these rights, we will need evidence to confirm that you are the individual to whom the personal information correlates. In respect of a request for access, we will, within a reasonable period of time, provide you access to the personal information unless we are legally permitted to withhold access. If we are permitted to withhold access, we will provide you written notice of this.
In respect of a request for correction, if we consider that the correction is reasonable we will make the correction within a reasonable period of time. If we are legally permitted to not correct your personal information and we do not make the correction, we will provide you written notice of this and take reasonable steps to note on the personal information that you requested the correction.
If you wish to make a complaint, please contact us using the details above and provide us with full details of the complaint. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you, in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take in response to your complaint. If you are not satisfied with our response, you also have the right to contact the relevant privacy authority.
Data management and security
The personal information that we hold is stored securely in servers. Data held on our servers cannot be seen by anyone who has not entered into a contract with ^Finance which includes confidentiality obligations. Data is encrypted when it is sent to and from our servers, as well as when it is at rest.
By accessing our website or by submitting information to ^Finance, you understand that ^Finance will collect, maintain, use and disclose personal information about you and provided by you or by another person as described above.